We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Highways & Footpaths


Local Highway Authority Responsibilities for Public Rights of Way  
Landowner Responsibilities for Public Rights of Way.

How to report road defects and problems on Public Rights of Way

FixMyStreet  - for both roads and Public Rights of Way. Problems reported through FixMyStreet are sent to the local highway authority
Website, or use the app - app for iOS or an Android app.

Pathwatch - for problems on Public Rights of Way. Problems reported through Pathwatch are sent to the local highway authority.
Website Pathwatch, or use the app - app for iOS or an Android app. 

Alternatively you may report potholes to Shropshire Council is:

It's important to provide accurate details of the problem, including:

  • what the problem is
  • where it is located
  • when you noticed the problem
  • your name and contact details
Image of Poster giving details on how to report potholes Image of Poster giving details on how to report potholes